Please apply by emailing us at email@example.com and let us know why you would like to be a part of the Wells Gibson team. Please also include a CV.
As an Associate, you will join our graduate training programme, learning how Wells Gibson is a trusted partner for a number of client families.
You will begin by supporting the financial planning team and be mentored through professional exams so you are qualified as a Certified Financial Planner and Chartered Financial Planner within 5 years. As you progress through the training programme you will progress to the client-facing role of Financial Planner and in the long-term, Senior Financial Planner. Alternatively, you might prefer and be more suited to the role of Technical Financial Planner. Whatever route you choose, we are confident you will be authorised to deliver our Proper Wealth Planning service within 3 years.
As an Associate, you will be mainly based in our office within the Technology Park in Dundee however, travelling to meet clients and attend professional events should be expected.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Your role as an Associate will quickly evolve as you progress through your professional exams, but to begin with:
- You will join the financial planners in client meetings, learning on the job and helping them with any work which arises from the meetings.
- You will gain experience working within all roles in Financial Planning, including helping the existing financial planning team to give the best possible client experience.
- You will assemble the information necessary for the financial planning team to assess the clients’ position and formulate advice.
- You will liaise with clients by phone and email, to collect information from them and to answer their questions.
- You will liaise with product and investment providers and other professionals to collect information.
- Minimum 2.1 degree in any subject (preferably Finance/Economic/Business/Maths or similar).
- Minimum Grade B in GSCE English and Maths.
- You will need general computer abilities, particularly within MS Office and on social media platforms.
- You need to be well-organised, with an ability to get things done.
- You need to be a great communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- You will need to be driven to succeed, particularly with ongoing study for relevant professional exams.
- You will need to hold a full driving licence and have access to a car.
- You will need to have an interest in business development and building relationships with clients, in order to build a career in financial planning.
This opportunity is part of our long-term growth strategy. While we are ready to appoint now, we want to engage the right person for this position, and therefore please apply if you would like to be considered, even if you are committed to something else for a few months.